Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Cooking

Yes, it’s been a while since I’ve last posted. The holidays brought a whirlwind of activity that only now seems to be settling down. Even though I haven’t posted, it doesn’t mean I haven’t been cooking. I’ve been lucky enough to get some amazing produce from the Farmer’s Fresh Market, which elevates just about every meal I make into something special. Or so I’d like to believe!

Okay, so these cookies don’t feature any produce… unless you consider Extra Virgin Olive Oil produce! I am a lover of a moist and chewy chocolate chip cookie. Can’t stand the thin crispy kind that seem to be the result using an all-butter recipe. So I came across a recipe for olive oil chocolate chip cookies, and the end result was my ideal cookie. Moist and chewy and all about the chocolate chip! And I didn’t feel so guilty about eating the whole batch because I used heart-healthy olive oil!

http://crepesofwrath.net/2009/11/16/olive-oil-chocolate-chip-cookies/

DSC08289

This was an amazing sandwich. I used some left over rib-eye, made an egg salad from my farm-fresh eggs, and topped it all with some fresh arugula. DELISH!

 DSC08271

Braised baby turnips and apples with bacon. Created a few turnip lovers in this house. Well, really just me and Josh!

DSC08272

Served the turnips with a roasted pork loin studded with garlic cloves.

DSC08274

And some mashed (local) sweet potatoes! This was a great meal!

DSC08276

I had some left over mashed potatoes one evening, and found a recipe for ham and cheese stuffed potato croquette. That sounded just completely delicious, so I decided to give it a try.

http://italianfoodies.ie/2009/02/09/potato-croquettes-with-ham-cheese/

DSC08280 DSC08281 DSC08284

I served the croquettes with a salad using some greens and left over veggies from one of our produce boxes. You can tell the kids are enjoying their meal!

DSC08286

No comments:

Post a Comment