Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What to cook tonight?

I see this blog as a service to all my Facebook friends… you no longer have to suffer through my numerous food posts… and worse, food pictures!

The real reason for this blog is to promote the Farmers Fresh Market – a group that brings locally grown produce to the Charlotte area.  All of the produce is grown in Rutherfordton county, NC and is picked the day before you get it… not the month before, like with what you get in your local supermarket!

Read more about it here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/story/845453.html

I can’t say enough about how fresh and delicious all of the produce is, and that the money goes directly to our local farmers makes it that much better!

Having just organized a local drop off for my South Charlotte friends, I thought I’d post a few recipes that highlight some of the produce in this week’s box! Here’s what we got this week:

  • 3 lbs-     Sweet Potatoes
  • 1 qt-     Certified Organic Table Muscadines
  • 2.5 lbs- Tomatoes
  • 1 Bunch Leeks
  • 1 lb-       Red Bell Pepper
  • 1 Dozen- Sweet Corn
  • 2 lbs-     Zucchini
  • 1- Butternut Squash
  • 2 lbs-    Eggplant
  • 1 lb-     Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 lb-     Sweet Banana Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment