Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It’s all about the Collards!

This week’s produce box had a bunch of collard greens. Now, I like to think myself an accomplished cook, but I’ve never cooked collard greens before (though I do LOVE to eat them). So, I’ve been on the hunt for a recipe to use up the collards, and I have found what looks like a winner! Not only does it use up the collards, but will also use up some of the other veggies I have including red peppers and corn! Stay tuned to see how this turns out and what the family verdict is!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Vegetable-and-Ricotta-Stuffed-Collard-Rolls-with-Tomato-Sauce-11642

I’m shooting for Sunday to make these!

Here are the other goodies we received in this week’s box!

  • 1- 12 Oz. Loaf Sourdough Bread
  • 1- 1 Lb Bunch Collards
  • 1- 8 Oz. Muscadine or Scuppernong Jelly
  • 2 Lbs- Zucchini
  • 2 Lbs- Carolina Ruby Sweet Potatoes
  • 2 Lbs- Tomatoes
  • 1 Pt- Heirloom Yellow Pear Tomatoes
  • 2 Lbs- Cubanelle Peppers
  • 1 Lb- Eggplant
  • 5 Lbs- Kennebec Potatoes

I’m going to use those delicious Kennebec potatoes to make some mashed potatoes tonight to go with my turkey meatloaf and soy and honey glazed carrots.

1 comment: