Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cleaning out the Fridge

I’ve been working hard trying to make room for this week’s box of fresh produce! Here’s what I’ll be getting this Tuesday:

  • 1- 1 lb. Sweet Potato/Pecan Loaf
  • 5 lbs- Kennebec potatoes (Fresh dug)
  • 2 lbs- German Johnson tomatoes
  • 2 lbs- Carolina Gold tomatoes
  • 2 lbs- Zucchini
  • 1 lb-  Red Bell pepper
  • 1 lb-  Eggplant
  • 1 doz- Bi-color corn
  • 1- 3 Oz. Basil ( Varied types)

Does that sound good or what? I think I’m going to make some eggplant parmesan later this week with the eggplant. And I’m going to dip back into my Middle Eastern repertoire and stuff the big bunch of zucchini I picked up last week. I’m really looking forward to that challenge!

Last week I made stuffed peppers and a gi-normous BLT sandwich! I used some of the fresh basil from my garden to make a basil-mayo and spread that all over the sandwich. It was messy indeed! I used a recipe from Cooks Illustrated for the stuffed peppers.

DSC07699 DSC07694 DSC07695

No comments:

Post a Comment